Large enough to meet your needs, small enough to care
One of the advantages of relocating or expanding to Lodi is our customer-owned utility agency, Lodi Electric Utility. Powering your home and business with a municipal power company is distinctly different from the investor-owned utility sector. Lodi Electric Utility is public.
View both residential and business rates, as well as information on solar and special services:
Lodi Electric Utility has a 99.9948% service uptime reliability to customers. Businesses and residential customers in Lodi own Lodi Electric Utility, not a board of directors or the state government. Our record of power delivery virtually eliminates economic loss due to windy weather, wildfire- related reasons or by the forced power cut-offs plaguing other Northern California Communities.
Every utility experiences power outages, but in Lodi they are extremely rare.
Public power customers on average experience less than half of the national average of an outage duration. Lodi Electric Utility’s crew has a vested interest in getting electric service restored quickly. In contrast, board members of an investor-owned utility are accountable to shareholders judged not on their ability to provide low-cost, reliable power or excellent service, but on their ability to maximize profits.
Lodi Electric Utility
- Accountable to customers
- Ability to tailor utility policies, programs and practices—serves the priorities of the local community
- Citizens participate in the governance of the utility at city council and public hearings—customers know how and why decisions are made
In contrast, customers of a private utility have little, if any, influence over or access to the company’s CEO or other officers or board members. The headquarters are located far away, and meetings are held in private.
Electric Utility Incentives
- Commercial HVAC Rebates
- Commercial food service rebates
- Commercial energy efficient motors, drives, assembly line improvements
- LED Lighting
- No-interest 12-month Energy Efficiency Financing Program
- Electric vehicle charging station incentives
- Energy efficient production and building systems